Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
June 19, 2019 - Here is a brief summary of the actions taken by the Half Moon Bay City Council at its meeting of June 18, 2019.
The Council took the actions listed below at its meeting of June 18, 2019. Follow-up by staff is shown in parentheses. City Council agendas and minutes are available online here.
1) Presented the 2019 Leadership Awards (Administration)
2) Presented a proclamation to Superintendent Jane Yuster in recognition of her retirement (Administration)
3) Received a presentation from RSVP of San Mateo & Northern Santa Clara Counties (City Clerk)
4) Waived second reading and adopted an ordinance amending Titles 1, 2, 4, 14, 15, 17, and 18 of the Half Moon Bay Municipal Code to create an Architectural Advisory Committee (Community Development / City Clerk)
5) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an amendment to the agreement with Peninsula Open Space Trust for the use of 880 Stone Pine Road as a corporation yard and storage facility, changing the term to month-to-month, with all other terms remaining the same (Administration)
6) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an amendment to the agreement with Management Partners for financial consulting assistance for a term ending July 31, 2019 with a total agreement increase from $115,000 to $125,000 (Administration)
7) Adopted a resolution approving the FY 19-20 salary schedule representing a 2.5-percent increase to the base salary for the International Union of Operating Engineers Stationary Local 39 AFL-CIO, Represented Management Team Members, Confidential, and Non-Represented Employees, effective July 1, 2019, as per the terms of Memoranda of Understanding (Administrative Services)
8) Adopted a resolution approving the additional Half Moon Bay Hotel Business Improvement District funding request of $10,000 for FY 18-19 (Administration)
9) By motion, rejected the single bid received for the Ted Adcock Community Center Kitchen Renovation Project and return bonds and securities back to the unsuccessful bidder (Public Works)
10) Adopted a resolution declaring a climate emergency and proposing mobilization efforts to restore a safe climate (Public Works)
11) Authorized the Mayor to sign a letter, on behalf of the City, to the City of Virginia Beach (City Clerk)
12) Conducted a public hearing, considered any oral or written protests, and adopted a resolution assessing the levy for the Half Moon Bay Business Improvement District for Fiscal Year 2019-2020 (Administration)
13) Conducted a public hearing, reviewed the Recommended FY 19-20 Budget document, and approved resolutions to: 1) establish the GANN Appropriation Limit for FY 19-20; 2) approve the City’s Review of the Investment Policy (no changes for FY 19-20); 3) adopt the FY 19-20 Annual Operating Budget; and 4) adopt the FY 19-20 Capital Budget (Administration)
14) Authorized the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 11 to the Agreement for Law Enforcement Services with the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office for Fiscal Year 2019-2020, at a cost of $3,469,793 for FY 19-20, and for a term through June 30, 2022 (Administration)
15) Received a report regarding the proposed “Action Plan” for enhanced security and enforcement at Poplar Beach Park (beach and parking lot), considered community input, affirmed the action plan, and authorized staff and contractors to proceed with implementation (Public Works)